Having practiced in the family therapy and play therapy fields for over two decades, I translate my passion for helping clients transform their lives into the supervision setting. I am a Licensed Marital and Family Therapist Approved Supervisor in the state of Oklahoma, an AAMFT Approved Supervisor Candidate, and a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor.
I am passionate about facilitating the growth and expertise of new professionals, and I enjoy the mentoring relationship of supervision. I embrace a “lifelong learner” approach to supervision and continually nurture and hone my supervision skills to provide the best supervision experience possible to trainees.
Under my supervision, you can expect:
- thought-provoking supervision focused on developing your professional identity and skills
- a safe, non-competitive arena for exploring your questions about the “hows” and “whys” of counseling
- person of the therapist (POTT) reflection
- culturally humble supervision that addresses your social location/cultural identity as well as that of your clients
- 24/7 support for your daily work with clients
- Regular review of the Oklahoma Act and Regulations and AAMFT Code of Ethics which governs our work as MFTs
"My journey towards becoming a registered play therapist wouldn’t be the same without Julie. She supported, challenged, and inspired me as I developed my Person of a Play Therapist. Her energetic, playful, and genuine spirit made supervision insightful and rewarding and greatly impacts my work with clients. I will definitely seek out Julie for any future play therapy supervision needs, and I consider her a valuable colleague and friend." - Brooke Runion, LMFT, RPT #T5879